TRAIN THE TRAINER
This three-day foundation programme equips delegates with understanding, knowledge and practical skills for the delivery of equine-facilitated learning programmes. The course is highly experiential – blending classroom learning and hands-on sessions with horses.
ABOUT THE COURSE LEADER
Andrew McFarlane has specialised in the creation and delivery of experiential learning programmes with horses since 2002. He is Chairman of HorseHeard – an innovative charity delivering equine-facilitated programmes in the not-for profit sector. Over the years Andrew has facilitated thousands of participants in hundreds of LeadChange workshops, both in the UK and overseas – including in France, Spain, Greece, Egypt, Singapore, Ghana, Thailand, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Oman and the USA. LeadChange is a recognised leader in equine facilitated learning. Andrew has an MBA and is an NLP Master Practitioner.
- Equine Facilitated Learning – the LeadChange philosophy and approach
- Experiential learning – the neuroscience of change
- Mental maps – focus, expectation and attention
- Horse sense
- The HORSE© coaching model
- Neurological levels of learning and change
- Creating and holding safe space for EFL
- Clean observation and non-judgmental awareness
- Developing credibility and presence
- Working with metaphor
- Managing the horse-human interaction – practical issues
- Creating and selecting appropriate learning exercises
- 1:1 equine-facilitated coaching interactions
- Working with groups / teams
- Energy awareness / energy management
HOW IT WORKS
- Location: We run programmes at venues across the UK – see our events page for more details.
- Weather: The sessions are a mix of classroom sessions and working with the horses in an indoor riding arena so we are not affected by weather conditions.
- Length: 3 days.
- Numbers: 6 – 10 participants.
Get in touch to find out more about our Train the Trainer programme on 0333 939 0155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org